Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Anti-Water-Conservation Rant

A couple of years ago when I lived in university-sponsored housing, some maintenance guy showed up one day with a low-flow showerhead. He told me that he had to install it but not to worry because the new head was designed so that "you won't even be able to tell the difference." I was pretty sure he was wrong and it turned out that he was. The fact is that no amount of nozzle-trickery can make up for a lack of water volume when you are trying to rinse shampoo out of long hair.

Ed has a high-flow shower head at his house and it's making me bitter toward the low-flow piece of crud that's in my shower. It takes me twice as long to shower at my house - seriously. I'm taking a trip to the hardware store. And if they won't sell me a high-flow nozzle, I'm going to buy one from Canada.

No comments: