
So I just got back from visiting my Brother and Sister-in-Law in New York. As usual I loved the city. Even when it is really cold, there is something about walking around where things and people are that appeals to me. I know that most people have some ideal about walking around outside in the open wilderness, where there is no one else for miles, and I like that too, but there is something about a city. What I really dislike is walking in the suburbs or a city such as Vegas where you can walk forever, and not get anywhere because it is all parking lots.
Also I must say kudos to public transportation. I know that we have it in theory out here, but in practice, not so much. I suppose in everyday life there is much to be said for having a car, but when you are a visitor, and hence will never have a car, public transportation is much better...
I also got a chance to see my brand new niece... (here helping her mom to do laundry)

She has to be the most beautiful baby that I have seen. Perfect skin, long eyelashes, but what really does it is that she will just look at you and smile! Her mom says she is such a flirt!
My sister was also out getting things done for her wedding. This picture is in the fashion district, where we were looking for fabric for the bride's maid dresses. I saw the needle through the button sculpture and I just had to make her pose:)

Getting to JFK via the subways when my luggage had expanded (due to shopping of course) was an adventure as ever. Those A trains to far rockaway never stop where they should, but I made it. As a whole the adventure was great, and I would recommend visiting my neice to anyone:)
No comments:
Post a Comment