Thursday, December 07, 2006

dr. appts

Last week, I wanted to go to the doctor for two things. Let's call them X and Y. I naively thought that I would be able to accomplish X and Y in one appointment and I called up my medical facility:

Me: I would like to make an appointment for X and Y.

Person: Okay, I can schedule you on Friday for X. Now, let's see when we can have you in to do Y.

Me: Can't the same person do X and Y?

Person: Yes. Do you want me to find someone that can do both?

Me: Yes, please.

Person: Okay, we can have you in for Y on Thursday. Now about X.

Me: Can't the doctor do X at the same time?

Person: Let me check....yes, she can. Would you like me to schedule you for both at the same time?

Me: YES.

Person: Okay, you're scheduled for X and Y on Friday. Please arrive 15 minutes early.

When I actually went to the doctor, she did neither X nor Y, but instead took my history, listened to my breathing, sent me to the lab for blood work and referred me to another doctor for X and Y. I now have an appointment for X and Y next Monday.

Ed had blood work done last week too and when we got our lab results back, we found out that we both have the same cholesterol level and that it's one point into the 'borderline' range. We've never had high (or borderline) cholesterol before, so I guess I'm going to have to chalk it up to the bacon grease, butter and whole cream that have become staples in our diet since Ed has learned to cook really good food.

No comments: