Friday, April 13, 2007

Exercising

I'm very pleased with myself for getting up this morning and riding my bike up and down our hill for 23 minutes. I've worked out a little route that involves climbing 2 medium hills and 1 steep hill. Right now, I have to paper-boy all the way up the steep hill (i.e. weave back and forth across the road instead of riding straight up the hill). It's kind of embarrassing.

Ever since last Sunday, when I decided that Ed and I were going to be backpackers, I've been spurred on by a fear of dying on the mountain to all kinds of amazing feats of leaving my house to exercise. This is the third time this week.

In contrast, during the 6 months between last September, when we went on a monsterous 13-mile, 9-hour hike up and down a 5000 foot mountain in Yosemite Park, and last Sunday, I think my total exercising consisted of 1 bike ride, 1 hike, 3 or 4 walks and a game of tennis which had to be cut short because my neck hurt.

1 comment:

Jared Orme said...

I exercised today too! I went running, and it had also been a long time since I last did that. For the first half-mile I thought, hey, I'm not so out of shape after all. After the second half-mile I didn't think that anymore. Then I walked home. And about 15 minutes later I noticed that it felt really good after the pain wore off.