I keep buying camping stuff. Ed thinks I'm crazy and worries that we won't use it, so I had to remind him that when biking was my hobby of the month, I did the same thing. I bought a whole bunch of biking accessories and then having all that stuff (plus the guilt that would have been associated with not using it) made me ride my bike all the time (over 2,500 miles).
Besides, most of my camping stuff serves a dual purpose:
Hiking pants=Work pants (because I live in Berkeley)
Self Inflating Seat Pad that folds up really small = Pad for hard backs on church pews
Small, lightweight camping pots = play cookset for our future child
Back pack = Emergency pack for walking out of the Bay Area after an Earthquake
Sleeping Pad = Office bed
We're planning a trip to the Sierras in a couple of weeks. I hope we don't get eaten by a bear.
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment