Saturday, July 01, 2006

She's Not Fast

Inspired by the opening day of the Tour de France, Ed and I went on a bike ride. As he drug me up the umpteenth really steep hill, we passed a little boy and his mom. Ed went by first and the little boy yelled back to his mom:

"Did you see that guy riding his bike? He was going fast. That's what I want us to do."

A minute or so later, I rode by and he yelled back

"She's not going fast."

Thanks for the update, kid.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Love it! I'm glad that you guys are riding and watching the tour... Did you see today's stage? Amazing...should make for a very intersting and important time trial...

Nikki said...

Yeah, after yesterday's stage, I was so depressed that I couldn't work. I went to my office and sat there staring at the wall for 5 hours and then came home (actually, my work-coma was interrupted briefly for a few minutes by a fire drill, but other than that, completely unproductive.)

I was so happy after today's stage that I was crying by the end. Floyd restored my faith in humanity. I was so excited that I couldn't work, so I went shopping.