Thursday, August 24, 2006

DMV

The registration renewal notice for one of our cars never arrived, even though the registration expires soon. I made Ed call the DMV to sort it out:

DMV guy: "It looks like we didn't send you a renewal notice. You'll need to send in a check by Sept. 8 or you'll have to pay a late fee."

Ed: "Would we have to pay a late fee, even if you never sent us a renewal notice?"

DMV guy: "Yes."

Ed: "So why didn't you send us a notice?"

DMV guy: "Hold on, let me check."

Waiting, waiting....

DMV guy: "It looks like the problem is that we have an exta space between the name of your street and the word 'street' in your address in our computer file."

Ed: "So?"

DMV guy: "So our computer didn't generate a notice."

Ed: "So can you fix it?"

DMV guy: "No. You'll have to fill out form DMV14 for a change of address."

Ed: "So you're telling me I have to send in this form just to get the space removed?"

DMV guy: "I'm afraid so."

2 comments:

D. said...

I actually love the RMV in MA. In almost every other way, MA resembles a third world country (Sri Lanka), but the RMV is amazing.

Despite this, Susheem hasn't gotten a new driver's license since moving TWO YEARS AGO. I've paid an extra *1500$* in car insurance because of him. Grr. Stupid. Headed. Rrr.

Hi! I'm back. :)

Nikki said...

Where have you been, Devin?