I never thought I would get a Mac. But my 4-year-old laptop has gotten so slow that it's barely useable. And I can't stand it anymore. Why does Windows have to slowly break over time? It's like as soon as you drive it off the lot, Windows has already started to slowly eat your computer from the inside out. The straw that broke the camel's back was when Ed's brand new laptop (running Vista) started to choke after only a few months. (He fixed it for now by removing spyware that had accumulated, but why should you have to do that????)
So I just got a MacBook Pro. And it's awesome. When I start it up, it turns on and starts working right away. Not in 10 seconds. Not in 10 minutes. Now.
Another awesome feature: you can run a virtual Windows machine on it. I installed some simulation software that lets me run Windows and install any windows software that I have alongside the Mac operating system. You can switch between the two seamlessly. You can even make your Windows programs look and behave like Mac programs if you want to pretend that they are just installed on your Mac and Windows is out of the picture.
But the best part is that it works and it will probably still work six months from now and even six years from now. Yea!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are such a Mac nerd. I knew you'd see the light.
Post a Comment