Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Budgets.

Oh!  Now I get it!  The name of the blog is s490.  And our office number was s490!  It all makes sense. 

:)  Yes, I really hadn't made the connection earlier.

So, what would cause me to decide to post?  The realization that weddings are ridiculously expensive, and a little bit of buyer's remorse.  I decided to go with this absolutely wonderfull, but extremely expensive, photographer for my wedding.  The thing is, I didn't realize until today how much I'm going to have to give up to have her.  There won't be nearly as many pretty little details for her to photograph now.  I'm sure there will be plenty of nice stuff, and the bridesmaids are going to look beautifull :)  but I might have to drop my lovely chair covers and/or my damask overlays, or drastically reduce the flowers for the reception, or something like that.  We'll see...  I think I'm going to try to not spend too much for a couple of months.  That might make me feel better.  Plus I still haven't gotten a paycheck, or my sign-on bonus.  I'm sure I will feel *much* better once I get those.

The other wierd money issue that comes with getting married - a sense of responsibility to someone else!  All of a sudden I've started thinking about Susheem when I'm going to spend my money, since the money would otherwise become partly his next summer.  I think I will get over this, but I'm not completely sure...

I need to make a normal budget for myself.

 

No comments: