Friday, August 12, 2005

Almost Done

Cute picture, Becky. I'll have to figure out how to upload pictures too. Then I can show you guys my new house.

I finally finished the last paper in my dissertation and sent it to my committee today. It's such a relief. Now I just have to keep from slacking off long enough to write the introduction & conclusion to the whole thing, put it all in dissertation-happy format, and do any revisions they request. It should all be over a week from Monday. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do with myself all day. Unpack my house, I guess.

I'm grateful for the deadline I'm facing because it made me stop analyzing and start writing the paper. And amazingly, as I wrote I was able to wrap my mind around the issues much better and I think the final product is pretty decent. I guess the moral of the story is to do what older academics always tell you - spend some time writing every day.

No comments: