I sent an email to someone in the copy/printer place, asking how to connect to network printers. My exact words were "I can't figure out who to print."
I reread the email after sending it and sent a follow up emailing saying, "Actually, I need to know "how" to print, not "who" to print.
Later he sent me a response to the first email telling me that that he didn't know and that I should contact the computer helpdesk (which I did) and he gave me their email.
Then he sent a response to the second email saying, "I guess you are still having trouble. Here are is some additional contact information that might be helpful" and gave me a lot more information.
At that point I realized that he must have not read my second email until after he responded to the first and that he must have thought the second one was a totally snotty response to his lack of ability to help. I responded and tried to explain what I meant and apologize, but I feel like a dufus.
I think I'll go take him a chocolate bar tomorrow and apologize again.
That's why you should never try to be funny over email. Especially to people you don't know.
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment