I don't have a wireless router, so I have to string a cable to my living room so that I can surf while I lay on the couch. Why don't I have a wireless router? Because it's one of the many things that Ed already has but is currently using in Maryland. And if I buy one, I won't need it when he moves here in March. So I tell myself I can just tough it out until then. I gave in and bought a TV because I knew I couldn't last until March without one. I bought an $8 toaster at Target because Ed has a nice toaster oven. I chop my vegies by hand because Ed has a food processor. Just kidding. I haven't eaten any vegies since the first week I lived here. The ones I bought on my initial "stock the fridge" shopping trip are mostly rotting in the vegie drawer. That's my guess, anyway. I haven't really checked on them for a month or so, so I can't say for sure.
I was watching an infomercial about some diet where you pay $300/month and they bring you food every week (I was too lazy to change the channel. And I only get 2 channels anyway, so the likelihood that the other channel was showing anything better at that time of day was small.) The food didn't look too bad, and I actually considered it. Not because I want to go on a diet (which I don't) but because someone else would bring meals to my house and all I would have to do is heat them up. Then I thought about how I have a whole freezer full of Trader Joe's frozen food that just needs to be heated up, but I don't eat it because it all takes an hour to cook and I just never feel like waiting that long (I already ate everything that can be cooked in less than 15 minutes). Instead, I eat Easy Mac (yes, it's microwave macaroni and cheese - 4 minutes), cheese and crackers (15 seconds prep time), Power Bars (Cookies and Cream is my flavor of choice lately) and candy (Long's drugstore had big boxes of Hot Tamales on sale for 79 cents. I bought them all.) I know I should be eating better, but IT'S JUST TOO HARD. I need my husband to get over here and cook for me. Husband, are you reading this???
Monday, September 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment