Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving

I went to Washington D.C. for Thanksgiving where we had dinner at the fabulous Heather Craw's house. It was Ed's birthday the next day, so we had a little celebration for him:

BirthdayBoy

On Saturday, we got to hang out with Heather and Kent and Erin Duerichen (who was in town to see her sister) and got a little Scrabble action going on:

TheGang2

Finally, Ed and I bought a Christmas Tree and decorations and put them up at his house. It was really fun. We're a little family with a Christmas tree.

Christmas Tree

To see more pictures from last weekend, click here.


5 comments:

Nikki said...

Yes, as we were couch shopping I would always say "These are nice, but they're not soft like Heather's. Next." The ones we got are almost as soft as yours, but not quite.

We had to go with the sectional because anything bigger wouldn't have fit in our ridiculously tiny house.

Nikki said...

p.s. We missed you too. We were thinking that we should have a giant grad student reunion every couple of years. Maybe the first one could be next summer.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nikki,

I left a comment on one of your older blogs, but don't know much about how that works, and I thought you might be more likely to see this one.

I really enjoyed looking at your blog and the pictures. I like your couches--we have been looking for a big sectional for our family room. I like how efficiently you can seat people on a sectional. We're not working too hard at it because this will be for our family room, which still doesn't have a finished floor and it is hard to make all the decisions we need to make. Last time I tried to look for family room couches I ended up buying two new chairs for our front room. We can all fit reasonably well in the front room now that we have two new chairs, so the family room still sits empty and unfinished. Paul's been making progress on it again this week so one of these days I'll need to get serious about doing more serious shopping.

--Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Oops--I didn't mean to be anonymous. But if you read the whole comment, youll probably figure that out.

Nikki said...

Hi Suzanne,

I'm glad you stopped by. It's fun to have people reading the blog and leaving comments.

Ed and I will have to drive up and visit you guys some time after he moves here.