One of my friends has been married for some time and is entering her 30's, but doesn't want to have kids just yet because she and her husband are just having so much fun together. They want to spend time just as a couple, and do lots of traveling and... I dunno, other stuff like that, before having kids.
Now this is what I'm thinking: Given the state of medicine these days, and how fit and healthy lots of people are into their 50's, 60's and even beyond, we can do all that stuff *after* the kids! And then as an added bonus we'll be able to stay at our kids' places and play with our grandkids. And we won't have to work 'cause we'll be retired. And we won't have to save for the future and putting our kids through college and stuff, so we'll be able to spend our money on cute sportscars and nice vacations!
SO, "us time" before or after kids? Which would you prefer? When do you think is the right time to have kids?
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmm. I think Ed and I wasted most of our potential "couples time without kids" as "single time without a spouse." D'oh!
I'm not sure that Chris and I are having either...
How do you count married time when your spouse is really busy working?
Post a Comment