Ed has become an excellent cook over the past few months. We like to watch America’s Test Kitchen, where they take a common recipe and then make it over and over until they figure out how to make it taste the best with the fewest steps and cheapest ingredients. They usually find that to make really good food, it usually takes some time and some decent ingredients. Most of their recipes we’ve tried (and when I say we, I mean Ed) have turned out really well. We especially like their Chicken and Dumplings, Mexican Rice & Pasta with tomato, bacon and onion (you can get all of these recipes on their website).
The best thing about having an Ed-cook is being able to sit on the couch, mention that I’m craving a Grilled Cheese Sandwich, and Poof! it appears on the table in front of me, just like in Star Trek. Unfortunately, he doesn’t respond as readily to “clean the toilet” or “do the laundry.” Not yet, anyway.
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That whole situation sounds great. Sometimes I try and convince Chris to make something appear 'poof', but if he does, usually it is followed by him wanting me to recipricate...
also it tends to be more on the level of 'can you get me some water?'...
happy birthday to Nikki.
Usually when I have a ton of work, Susheem has a little more time, or vice versa, and then we're very nice to each other. For the first time ever, we've both been super-busy for the last 2 months. We've been eating lots of maccaroni and cheese from a box with tuna, and burritos from the corner store, supplemented with the occasional pizza.
Post a Comment