This morning on NPR (possibly last night) I heard a brief story on internet addiction. It was about people who compulsively spend time on the internet. They were including not just your standard Porn, gambling and compulsive shopping in the definition, but also mentioned email checking, chat rooms, and even blogs. They cited how spending too much time online is being considered for official decease classification. And talked about how it can stem from OCD or depression, etc.
The main thing that I got out of the program was to realize that I am definitely not addicted to the internet... Yes, I use it a lot, esp at work, but not compulsively. It also reminded me how long it has been since I posted to a blog (sorry).
Anyhow, while I may not be addicted to the internet, I did realize that I may be becoming dependent on NPR... :)
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment