First I must say though: oooooo pretty. :) I like the new look for our blog.
Now, to the gas prices. So I take the train and bus to work. On the way, I pass by 2 gass stations right next to each other. They were selling regular for 3.29, plus for 3.39 and premium for 3.49.
So, what are prices like in CA?
The funniest thing was the reaction of the people on the bus. I heard at least 3 people gasp out "And there are still people filling up!" hehe. Public transportation users are funny.
I will post a pic soon. (Must go home and take one first).
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gas prices are horrific here as well, although I havn't looked at them since Katrina, so I havn't yet wittnessed the horror of $3+ for basic...ick!
I'm glad that you like the new look...I thought that it was time. There is just so much more choice avaliable now. Go blogger!
The highest price I saw in palo Alto today was about $3.10 (for premium). I haven't looked around Berkeley.
Yeah, it's funny how people think that demand for gas should be elastic in the short term. One problem is that public transportation isn't much cheaper than driving. It would cost me $50/month to ride bart for 2 stops to get to work and then I would have to walk almost a mile across campus (or wait for a shuttle). Basically, it would take me three times as long and I would probably be saving less than $10, if I'm even saving at all.
I also heard on NPR that the gulf coast refineries only supply the eastern united states, so you might feel the crunch before we do if it's a short-term supply issue.
By the way, I'm glad you kept s490 as the name of the blog- it's the last thing that tied us together before we went our separate ways.
Post a Comment