Thursday, September 29, 2005

Early Riser

Ever since I got back from the east coast on Monday, I've been going to bed early (between 9 and 10:30) and waking up early. This morning I got up and did two loads of laundry, baked some crab cakes, oiled my countertop, watched a morning news show, and took out the trash before leaving for work at 8:45. I feel so productive. Now I'm at school blogging instead of working, which is hurting my average productivity immensely, but oh well.

Unfortunately, the first time I stay up until midnight and sleep in until 9am, it will be all over and I won't be able to fall asleep early anymore. What is need is some good relaxation techniques. Or sleeping pills.

I'm also coming to the frightening realization that I'm on the 9-end of the 'most people need 7-9 hours of sleep per night.' I don't want to need 9 hours of sleep. I don't like going to bed early (and my husband doesn't like going to be early) and I feel crummy when I sleep in late. But when I don't set my alarm (which is always) I sleep for about 9 hours. Maybe I need a more comfy bed so that I can get more quality (and less quantity) sleep. Has anyone tried one of those Tempurpedic-type (memory-foam) beds?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave W. has a MemoryFoam bed and loves it, so I hear.

Nikki said...

Cool. I wonder where I can go lay on one.