Every day for the last three years I've wondered what it would feel like to turn in my dissertation and turn off the constant nagging voice in my head that was always telling me I needed to work on it. Not that I listened to it - but it was always there, like an old friend. Well, now I know. I miss it. I need a project. Yesterday I was thinking that maybe I should learn to knit. Six months ago, I would never have considered knitting/crocheting/embroidering/sewing anything unless WalMart-seeking missiles destroyed all of the cheap textile goods in our country. (Not that I buy my clothes at WalMart, but you get the idea).
Today I decided that I will study for my Ham Radio license, which, according to my husband makes me the queen of the
1 comment:
Hi Nikki,
I talked to Ed yesterday who told me about your blog since it had pictures of his birthday. I enjoyed looking at them and decided to read some of your old blogs--so it is good that you fix them when you decide what you wrote was stupid. I enjoyed them all and didn't notice any glaring stupidity.
Don't know if you're still needing a project--I learned to knit about 2 years ago now and I like it very much. I recommend _Knitting in Plain English_ if you want a book to help you along. My sister Kathy recommended it to me--she is a much more experienced (and daring) knitter than I.
I also wanted you to know that Paul and I must be the duke and duchess of ubernerds because we got our ham radio licenses over 10 years ago. We don't use it much--occasional check-ins when a "net" in our area gets going. Perhaps we will use it someday (hope not), but it was kind of fun to study for the test. Too bad I remember nothing.
--Suzanne
Post a Comment