As you can see, I am in serious need of cable tv. Or an antenna that costs more than $9.99.
Last Sunday I was bored, so I read the synopses of all of the episodes of the tv series "Lost" (which I had never seen before.) Last night I watched it for the first time. I didn't realize that the show is actually pretty scary. And I'm not good at scary. When I watch scary movies, I spend most of the scary scenes with my eyes closed and/or ears plugged. Last night I kept muting the scary music because I couldn't handle the suspense, but I kept going because I really wanted to know what was in the hatch.
After Lost, I left the TV on so that I could get unscared, only to get drawn into the premiere of an Invasion of the Body Snatchers type show that only intensified my feelings (again, there was a lot of muting of scary music). I finally calmed myself down by watching the news (because the lack of scary music on the news makes real hurricanes seem a lot less scary than hurricanes caused by aliens to hide their secret landing).
By the time I went to bed, I was able to fall asleep. Because I knew that if anyone tried to get me, I would wake up and spray them with the trusty can of mace that sits on my nightstand. Ooo-Yeah!
10 comments:
i moved it there so that I wouldn't have to stand in front of the TV touching the antenna the whole time in order to get channel 7.
I thought about leaving it there overnight to keep the monsters out, but I didn't. (Because it wouldn't be safe if a monster set my house on fire.)
I guess that lost could be described as scary, although I usually just think of it as really intense...
I recorded the 1st episode of the alian show as well, but I havn't watched it yet. Is it worth watching? was it any good?
The alien show was alright. Not super compelling.
I just have to check - did you try plugging into your cable outlet just to see what you got? It turns out we get all the basic channels plus Spike and Cartoon Network. It's satisfied us for a year so far.
If you don't have or want cable, did I tell you about looking into terrestrial digital television? All stations are at least simulcasting in digital and many have additional content on their subchannels. PBS has 5 channels instead of just the 1 on analog. Digital is much more efficient than analog, so where you might get a really snowy or ghosting analog signal, the digital can often pull it in crystal clear. (Well it's digital, so either it's crystal clear or nothing.)
You can buy a digital tuner standalone for your current TV and then when you get rich, you can plug in an HD monitor and see it in HD. But even when not viewing as HD, the lower res digital is much better than a regular analog signal.
A tuner is $200 from Walmart.
The question remains, when garbage can be seen more clearly, is that an -improvement-? or the opposite?
-Andy
Cool. I want a tuner now.
All of the broadcasting has to switch to digital (and hd) by the end of next year, right? So everyone will have to buy a tuner if they want to watch broadcast TV. At least that's the word on the street (the laws that congress has passed street, that is.)
Broadcasting has already switched -on- digital, but not switched -to- digital, which is to say, they are still simulcasting on analog, and as it turns out, analog transmitters may get extensions until enough consumers adopt. (See below). But the digital is already up and running. So while you don't -have- to go digital now, there's no advantage in not doing so, and there is advantage in doing so: better quality, resolution, audio fidelity, and more channel offerings.
"Television stations serving all markets in the United States are airing digital television programming, although they still must provide analog programming until the target date set by Congress for the completion of the transition to DTV - December 31, 2006. That date may be extended, however, until most homes (85%) in an area are able to watch the DTV programming. At that point, broadcasting on the current (analog) channels will end and that spectrum will be put to other uses.
Until the transition to DTV is complete, television stations will continue broadcasting on both their digital and analog channels."
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/digitaltv.html
I hate to burst your bubble but most aliens are immune to mace. You might need to look into alternate protection measures.
I don't know about that. I killed three the other day with mace and a fly swatter.
Post a Comment