Yesterday Ed was making fun of me because I had just discovered that Michigan has an upper peninsula. It's not my fault. When I was little we had a wooden United States jigsaw puzzle where each state was a puzzle piece. But since the two pieces of Michigan aren't attached, it only had the mitten-shaped piece as a puzzle piece and the upper peninsula was painted on the edge of the board between Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. So how was I supposed to know that the chunk between the two lakes was actually part of Michigan?
Today I redeemed myself. I discovered an online
U.S. map puzzle where you use the Great Lakes as a reference and drag all of the states to their proper position. Ed and I entertained ourselves for 15 minutes racing to see who could do it first. Final score: Me 3, Ed 1. He claims he was having technical difficulties.
8 comments:
Yeah, I stunk at the presidents quiz. I knew the last 6 or 7 and the first 4. Then I started guessing wildly, mostly based on the style of clothing in the pictures.
Wow. Crazy how much knowing what California and TX and Florida look like don't help you whey you need to figure out those darned greatlake and midwestern states look like. If I've never been there do I really need to know???
Doug, my roomate beat me in tie-breaking round 3 by .5 secs.
Doh!
2:15.05 was Doug's fastest (in round 3).
2:02.69 baby.
My final best tonight was:
1:52.36
How fast can a human being do this?
If someone can do a rubik's cube in 11.3 seconds, then we should be able to beat this in under 30 seconds, right?
When I cheated and used the tablet pc pen instead of a mouse, I hit 1:48. I'm sure we can get under 1:30 (once we memorize the starting places of the puzzle pieces.) I have to go time myself some more...
My best tonight after 5 or 6 tries - 1:28.85 (with a mouse).
Post a Comment