Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Vegas Baby...

Well, I'm in the office waiting for a guy to call me from India. I thought this might be an opportune time to do a post--particularly since I am not convinced that he will figure out how to call...He asked me for the country code this morning (the country code of Sunnyvale no less) and I looked it up online. But as I have never called internationally from India (and I thought he was calling from Hong Kong at the time I looked it up) I am not sure there is altogether too much certainty on the subject.

Anyhow, during the first week of January I had a very interesting experience--I went to CES in Vegas. CES is the Consumer Electronics Show and it is a huge convention in Vegas every year. One really interesting part of the experience was the fact that I took a flight out of San Jose. Yes the heart of Silicone valley. A Vegas local was next to me on the flight. Apparently she flies the route regularly and couldn't understand why the usually roomy midday Wednesday flight was full--over-booked even.

Well. I will try and include more about the show later. Suffice it to say, we came out of there fairly unscathed. I only had one friend gamble (at least while I was there). He put in 1$ and got out 1.75$ (of course as it was a coupon and not coin, and he never redeemend it--the casino still won).
Well, more later, I think that I am going to go home now. (I've waited 15 min. I think that is enough.)

1 comment:

D. said...

I love nickel slots. I love putting the coin in, pulling on the lever and watching the three wheels spin. And then I either giggle and jump up and down 'cause I won something, or I pause and make a little sad face 'cause I didn't. But I'm really happy either way.

And then there are the ones which are basically games. Fun fun. It's like a cheap arcade.

I am not a casino's target customer. It takes me about 5 minutes to spend/"gamble" 5 cents.

Anyway, can't wait to hear more about your trip!