Yesterday we enjoyed Boston's First Night. Amazing.
Boston does this big thing every year which allows people to buy a $15 button/pin and gain entrance to many many many activities. This was our day:
- Otis House Museum (a grand post-Revolutionary War house that has been set up for a New Year's Dinner, circa 1796)
- Boston Museum of Science (the math section had such sophisticated stuff that Susheem and I decided we'll have to study up before we take our kids there)
- Ice sculptures on the Boston Common (they are *huge* and lit up with colorfull lights. It started to softly snow when we were walking through and made it very romantic.)
- Grand Procession (the parade)
- organ, timpani and brass instrument concert in the Old South Church. (900 people singing Auld Lang Syne together as a finale - amazing.)
- Anime show - they had different different shows every 30 minutes.
- Gospel octet
- modern dance troupe
- Duncan Sheik concert
- fireworks out on the pier
And we had many many more options. There are tons of family-friendly activities and choices, a lot of interesting musical performances, several dance events (we were tempted to go to a swing dance thing, but were pretty tired by that time), movie and short-film showings, and more happening all over the city.
Boston does New Years Eve well. Even though it's 20 degrees out. I am impressed.
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, I guess we should get out more on New Year's Eve - there was probably cool stuff going on here (Washington D.C./Maryland) but we opted for a quiet night in with friends.
Maybe we'll visit you guys next year. :)
Wow. I really am going to have to look into a cool option like that next year. Chris and I just cooked alot of H'Ore Derves at home with my parents...and then ate them...
Not that San Diego probably had Ice Sculpture anywhere, but had I been in Boston I probably wouldn't have know that anything was going on...
:) hehe. Maybe we can do a huge New Years thing out here one of these years. Not next year though - I think Susheem and I can only do alternate years in the cold. Next year is Sri Lanka, India or California! :)
Post a Comment