"what makes this threat particularly vicious...is that unwitting victims can infect their computers simply by viewing a web page, e-mail, or instant message that includes a contaminated image. That differs from most virus attacks, which require a user to actually download an infected file."Microsoft promises to have a patch out by next week.
In the meantime, Microsoft recommends reading your email in plain text mode (instead of html mode). That way, no images load. How do you do that in Microsoft Outlook 2002? The instructions on the Microsoft website start out like this:
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.If I do it wrong, I might have to reinstall my operating system? Nice. It's a little easier with Outlook 2003. Here are the complete instructions for both Outlook versions.
2 comments:
Nikki...
It's this simple. Time to get a Macintosh.
You have an advanced degree that we're all very proud of. It's time you put that know-how to good use.
Your friends in the Gray household (Kristine included).
Buy Now
I'm too old to learn another operating system. I prefer to spend my energy grouching about the one I have.
Post a Comment