During the lesson, I was talking about abstract art and I showed them these paintings: Jackson Pollack and Kandinsky. One of them said they didn't understand why it was art because it looked pretty easy to do and I told them that it was actually harder than it looked to splatter paint all over a canvas and end up with something that is interesting and pleasing to look at.
We told them that they could paint whatever they wanted and they all decided to try their hand at something abstract. The little girl that was wondering why the Pollack and Kandisky paintings were so great painted the painting in the bottom of the picture below, which as Ed pointed out, could almost pass for a Jackson Pollack if it were hanging on a museum wall.
Here are all of their paintings:
1 comment:
Ed is right. That painting does evoke pollick... What a great calling/activity :)
Post a Comment