Recent research suggests that self-discipline is a much better indicator of future academic success in middle school kids than IQ. That means I must have a REALLY HIGH IQ to make up for my lack of self-discipline, or I would be asking if you want fries with your order instead of teaching undergrads how to allocate the cost of drilling an oil well to the byproducts of oil extraction.
Speaking of self discipline, it's taking all I have not to blog about the ridiculous and funny requests that I get from students sometimes. They're all juniors and seniors, so you would think that they would have their act together by now. In all fairness, most of them are really great and I'm going to miss some of the ones that I've had a lot of interaction with this semester. But I worry about a few of them being able to function in society once they get out of here.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment