Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Another haircut

So in late July I got a haircut. I asked for an "A-line bob." I was so nervous that he didn't understand the "A-line" part that he even drew it out for me to feel more comfortable. A beautifull angle with the front longer. Okay. Good. So what did I end up with? A bob where my hair was *shorter* in front. (Although if it was completely sopping wet and I tugged on the front, as he apparently did when he cut it, it did seem *slightly* longer in front.) Now I normally don't splurge on haircuts, but this was a seemingly good salon and one of their more senior (and hence more expensive) people.

After that experience I re-grew my hair and yesterday I went to a cheaper place (ie. a semi-nice salon where the cuts are $30-$50 instead of $50 up) where I figured I could boss them around more and if it turned out badly at least I hadn't spent a fortune. It sort-of worked. Basically I went in, told the whole story and said "I want an A-line bob (indicating angle with hands). Leave as much length as you possibly can in the front, but cut the back shorter." She moaned and groaned and complained the entire time that the front was too long. I was happy. That meant there was a decent chance I was getting the cut I wanted.

Today I inspected my new cut properly for the first time. It actually looks pretty good. It's *still* only barely longer in the front, but it is longer. So it looks good.
On the left side of my head.

On the right side of my head the front is shorter.

Sigh.

I'm going to let it be and once it grows out *again* I'll try some other place. But this is definetely getting to be annoying.

Seriously, is it so hard? A Bob. bob. but with an angle. I think I might just go to supercuts next time. They couldn't do worse, could they? Or could they...

3 comments:

Nikki said...

You should make Susheem learn to do it. Ed cut my hair last time and although it was extremely scary, it turned out pretty well. I made him cut off some length and then put in layers. (The scary part was when he chopped off the entire back in three whacks - miraculously, it was even and all the same length afterwards.)

D. said...

Wow, layers even. I'm impressed.

Becky said...

Darn! Evil Stylists! That is so frustrating. Perhaps your hair shortens more than most in the drying process? maybe the thing to do is demand a mostly dry haircut? If you are ever in PA for another cut--I have the greatest guy to recommend--he is Japanese and just really good. Speaking of, it is probably time for me to go back and get my hair cut again, but I don't want to do the exact same thing, however, I can't think of anything else to do. any ideas?