Time required to accomplish task = Time left until it has to be done."Keep in mind, however, that the Law of Proscrastination only brings lasting happiness if you also obey the Law of No Guilt, which states "you must not think about a project or feel bad about not getting started on it in any way, shape or form at any time until the equation above is true."
Thursday, October 20, 2005
Putting Parkinson's Law to Work for You
Parkinson's law states "work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion." Or more generally, "the demand upon a resource always expands to fill the resource." How can you put Parkinson's law to work for you? By using the Law of Procrastination, which states "don't do anything until the following equation is true:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So true. The problem is when other people are involved in the task. I am currently waiting on slides to include in a presentation tomorrow. It's 5:15 and I am still waiting. You might think that I had not warned anyone, but you would be wrong. I sent out a request last week--stating that I needed said materials by tuesday close of buisness. I then reminded tuesday, giving the deadline as Wensday Close of buisness. And still I spent all day today tracking pieces down. Hence the problem with the rule is that the deadline needs to be enforceable...otherwise the task will drag on forever...
Post a Comment