Between my new dedication to working while I'm at work and my TV addiction, I'm afraid that my blogging has really suffered lately.
I got Dish TV 10 days ago (or rather, Ed signed me up for it while I was at work one day) and now I find myself wasting hours glued to the TV. I start watching a show that catches my eye, and then I can't stop. My DVR (Tivo-like thing) can record on two channels at once, so I surf through the channel guide gleefully telling it to record everything that catches my eye. Tonight it told me that I have already recorded 62 hours of TV. 62 HOURS! I can't watch 62 hours of TV. I started deleting. Bye, bye 5 episodes of "La Esposa Virgin" (I am not going to start watching a Spanish soap opera to practice my Spanish.) See ya later 10 episodes of various Star Treks. Hasta la vista Law and Order.
I really don't know what's come over me. Heather had TIVO last year when I lived with her and this didn't happen. I just taped a few Star Treks and Law and Orders and I would watch them on fast forward with the closed captions on (I can read fast). Unfortunately, this machine doesn't seem to have that feature. Although it does let you keep watching your show up in the corner of the screen while you surf the Guide to see if there is anything more deserving of your attention.
I just have to keep myself from picking up the remote in the first place, because one peek and I'm gone.
Monday, October 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment